Discounted tickets: Members enjoy exclusive discounts on our programming.
Go to the front of the line: Order your tickets before the general public!
Member hotline: Call our Member-only phone line for information and ticket ordering.
Save on service charges: We'll waive all ticket ordering fees (normally $5 per ticket) on all your orders.
Help with the tax man: The entire $60* membership fee is
Save on food and drink: 20% discount on all food and drink in Joe's Pub, The Library at The Public (our new restaurant), and at the Lobby Bar.
Additional discounts: Bring a friend and enjoy a 15% discount off the full price of their ticket on select shows.
A liberal exchange policy: Return your tickets to the box office at least 48 hours in advance of your scheduled performance and you may exchange the tickets for another available date.
Invites to other cool events: Receive priority notification for talkbacks and special events.
Member rewards: Discount offers for neighborhood restaurants and businesses, and Public Theater promotional partners.
Save on Shakespeare in the Park: Join now for the opportunity to become a Summer Supporter for the 2013 season of Shakespeare in the Park at a discounted rate.
CLICK HERE to become a Public Theater Member today!
As a Public Theater Member, take advantage of these discounts at the best restaurants in the area!
CHINATOWN BRASSERIE A bustling brasserie serving a wide variety of regional Chinese specialties and Chinese-American favorites. Designed to reflect a "well-worn brasserie feel," the restaurant is at once dramatic, stylish and intimate, a comfortable and beautiful setting for authentic ingredient-driven traditional Chinese fare. Public Theater members receive a 10% discount when you show your membercard.
- Aroma Kitchen and Wine Bar (36 East 4th street, between Bowery and Lafayette) 212-375-0100. Aroma is a casual, warm environment with dishes that capture the flavor and soul of Italy in its intimate space. With daily specials, local organic produce and an extensive Italian wine list. Enjoy Aroma’s new Aperitivo everyday from 5:00 to 6:30 pm with 50% off selected wines by the glass and bottles. Theater Members receive a complimentary featured dessert with the purchase of an entree when you show your membership card.
- B Bar and Grill (40 E. 4th Street, between Lafayette and Bowery) 212-475-2220. A downtown institution with a beautiful 3,000 square foot garden and classic interior, B Bar remains a consistent favorite with New York's most fashionable crowd. Enjoy a special cocktail and our continental cuisine in our year round outdoor garden. Public Theater members receive a 15% discount on the entire meal when they show their member card.
- Butter Restaurant (415 Lafayette Street, between East 4th Street and Astor Place) 212-253-2828. Located just steps away from The Public Theater, Butter Restaurant offers a New American Menu in a beautiful setting. Join us for an impromptu bar snack and a seasonal cocktail or a glass of wine from our award-winning wine list. Sample chef Alex Guarnaschelli’s market-driven dinner menu with a 20 % discount. We also offer a 35 dollar prix fixe menu for your dining pleasure. Please feel free to walk in any time beginning at 5:30 p.m every day with the exception of Sundays. We also gladly accept reservations, should you prefer to reserve in advance.
- Colors (417 Lafayette street) 212-777-8443. A cooperative restaurant owned by former workers from Windows on the World. Chef Christopher Faulkner and his staff serve up delicious global cuisine fused with American-style fare along with an impressive and intoxicating cocktail list. Public Theater members enjoy a 15% discount with your membercard.
- Five Points Restaurant (31 Great Jones Street) 212-253-5700. Located just south of the Public Theater, Five Points is a Mediterranean-American restaurant with a focus on local, farm-fresh ingredients. Our menu changes seasonally as we stay true to executive Chef Marc Meyer’s belief in creating and maintaining relationships with local purveyors. We provide customers with a relaxed, yet sophisticated dining experience in a room that has been described as a “rustic” “oasis of calm.” Join us for dinner before or after your theater experience and sample our fresh, seasonal cuisine. We offer a $35 three course pre-theater price fix menu from 5:30-7:00pm and members will receive a %15 discount off their entire bill.
- Je’Bon Sushi & Pan Asian (15 St Marks Place, between 2nd ave and 3rd ave) 212-388-1313. Located in the middle of St Marks Place, Je’bon is known for a great menu full of both standard and unique sushi rolls, inventive Sake cocktails, and delicious Pan Asian entrees—all for affordable prices. Not to mention Public Theater Members now receive 20% off their sit-down meals just by showing their membership card.
- Indochine (430 Lafayette St. between East 4th St. and Astor Place) 212-505-5111. Exotic French-Vietnamese cuisine includes a 4-course prix-fixe pre-theater menu for $32 (plus tax and gratuity), 5:30-7pm, 7 days a week. In addition, you will get 10% off the entire meal when you show your membercard.
- Jimmys No. 43 (43 E. 7th Street) 212-982-3006. Visit Jimmy's in the heart of the East Village for hand crafted beers on draught, local and organic food and wine. "At Jimmy's, the goals of affordability and deliciousness are neatly met." -New York Sun Open 3pm -2am, 7 nights a week. Pre-Theater menu 5-7 pm nightly. Public Theater Members enjoy at 10% discount with their membercard.
- The Noho Star (330 Lafayette Street, corner of Bleecker Street) 212-925-0070. Two cuisines are featured by this ever-popular neighborhood restaurant: eclectic American and classic Chinese. Reservations are not accepted. 10% courtesy discount for Public Theater Members with their membercard.
*An initial service fee of $5 applies to Membership purchases. All ticket fees are then waived for the duration of your Membership.
Memberships are non-refundable. The exclusive Member ticket discount is valid for all regular Public Theater Membership shows and excludes rentals and other special events, such as benefits. Memberships are valid for one year from the date of purchase. All productions, announced cast and directors are subject to change and tickets are subject to availability.